A MESSAGE FROM THE TRUSTEES and MINISTER
Information about reopening the church for services
In preparation for our church reopening on JUNE 7th, the Minister and Trustees met to discuss the safety of doing so. Following the state’s recommendations for religious gatherings (portal.ct.gov/coronavirus), the Trustees have determined that for now the maximum number of attendees is 50 per service.
Those who wish to attend a service MUST contact the church office (860.887.4647) by Friday each week and give their name, as well as the number of people who will be attending, and which service. This information will be given to a Trustee who will determine a safe seating arrangement based on the number of worshipers planning to be present.
- Facial masks MUST be worn at all times during the service, and social distancing is expected as much as possible. Rev. Stan will not be wearing a mask while leading worship.
- Each worshiper will have his/her temperature taken by the church nurse before entering the building. Those with a cough and/or sneezing should remain at home.
- All worshipers will enter and exit the church through the double doors (only) located in the upper parking area. This lot will be designated for those with physical limitations.
- There will be no congregational singing during the service. Hymnals and Bibles will be removed from the Sanctuary.
- Trustees will assist in seating worshipers. They will do their best to seat you where you want to be seated, however, there is no guarantee.
- An offering container will be placed by the upper level elevator. Collection plates will not be passed during the service.
- Hand sanitizer will be available upon entering the building and the Sanctuary.
Service times will be 9 and 10:30 a.m. (please note the hours).
Pews will be wiped down between services, and mid-level bathrooms will be cleaned. There will be no coffee hour, and no hand shaking.
We suggest that the elderly and those with health concerns/conditions view the service from home. However, the decision to attend is yours to make.
Please be patient as we work through this new way of worshiping. Hopefully, in time, we can ease up on some of the guidelines. Please contact Trustee Rich Chalifoux with any questions you have: (860.639.0149).
We hope to see many of you starting on the 7th.
Our 9 AM worhip service will still be streamed for those who join us from home.
If you cannot join us for this "live" service, all services are archived and can be viewed at any time.
Click on the icon below for live webstreaming of our worship service and a viewable archive of past services!
Do you need any help?
In trying times like these, often the best is brought out in people and so it is at Preston City Congregational Church. Some of our congregation have been in touch, offering to pick up groceries and deliver them, or perhaps, make a meal if needed for our shut-ins and/or elderly.
You may call Sandy at the church office between 9-12 Monday-Friday if you could use this help and we'll do our best to accommodate you.
You're in the thoughts and prayers of your church at this time.
We must remember "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands."
- The Food Pantry is closed until further notice. It will be rescheduled in the future.
- Due to issues related to the Coronavirus, the clothing shed in the lower parking lot is temporarily closed. St. Pauly Textile, who oversees the shed and clothing pick-up hopes to re-open it one day. In the meantime, no donations are being accepted. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact Laurie Bowers if you have baby clothes up to size 2t that you wish to donate.
THIS WEEK AT PRESTON CITY
|ALL ACTIVITIES CANCELLED|
|03/15||SUNDAY||No Sunday School (Dudek Hall)||8:45 AM|
|No Morning Worship (Sanctuary)||9:00 AM|
|No Morning Worship (Sanctuary)||10:30 AM|
|03/16||MONDAY||No Bible Study (Halls' Hall)||10:00 AM|
|No Yoga (Halls' Hall)||6:30 PM|
|03/17||TUESDAY||No Bell Choir Practice (Room 6-8)||6:00 PM|
|No Bible Study (Halls' Hall)||6:30 PM|
|03/18||WEDNESDAY||No Trustees meeting (Room 18)||6:00 PM|
|No Standing Committee meeting (Halls' Hall)||7:00 PM|
|No A.A. (Room 6-8)||7:30 PM|
|03/19||THURSDAY||No Adult Choir rehearsal (Halls' Hall)||7:00 PM|
Preston City Congregational Church
Welcome to the Preston City Congregational Church's home on the web. We're so glad you stopped by to visit us.
The present House of worship is the fourth building in the church's 320-year history, being built in 1886. The church, formerly named The First Congregational Church is the town's first church.
If you are seeking a church home, we invite you to consider uniting with us in worship. A pamphlet explaining the various programs and activities of the church may be found in the Information Center (mid-level) or by calling the church office. Please speak with Rev. Stan if you have any questions.
WHO ARE WE? We are Congregationalists. The Congregational Church began with the landing of the Pilgrims in 1620. We are often referred to as "The Church of the Pilgrims." WHAT DO WE BELIEVE? We believe that Jesus Christ is the Head of this church, and that each individual is free to follow Him according to his/her conscience. Each church is self-governing in all matters; there is no hierarchy. Each church, while autonomous, may choose to be part of a fellowship of churches. We belong to the Fellowship of Northeast Congregational Christian Churches and The National Association of Congregational Christian Churches (NACCC.org). Please visit these websites to learn more.
Attention Members & Friends!
We are trying to expand our communication database. Please send us your email addresses (the church office): email@example.com Thank You!!!
Preston City Congregational Church
321 Route 164
Preston, CT 06365
Office: (860) 886-7200
Phone: (860) 887-4647
Fax: (860) 887-4647
"Where Friends Become
Sunday Worship: 9 & 10:30 A
We are handicap accessible.
Click on the icon above for live webstreaming of our worship service and a viewable archive of past services!